I love my monstera plant. I love her so much that I decided to write an article about her. Yeah, I am a crazy plant lady and in this name you can find the word "crazy"... so what? Here she is. I found her in a garage sale in Manly and bought her for $3. Actually my partner bought her for me because I forgot my wallet this day, he didn't understand why I absolutely wanted him to buy me this ugly plant but for me it's was the best gift ever!
As you can see she was quite miserable and not really pretty but I fall in love as soon as I saw her. I also knew she will became an amazing and beautiful plant.
I wasn't wrong! Look how she looks now!
Taking care and grow a Monstera is not difficult. She is a quite easy plant.
Here are some tips:
- Monstera needs space, don't place her in a corner or between furnitures.
- She (yeah I know I should say "it" but for me she is a "she"!) prefer a warm climate away from direct sunlight, indirect sun is best.
- Let the top 4cm of soil dry out between watering. - Keep in a fairly humid environment, use a spray to watering her leaves once a week.
- Avoid artificial heating and cooling: Monstera enjoy conditions that are fairly moist.
- When your Monstera produces aerial roots, manoeuvre them towards some water.
- Clean the leaf to take off the dust, give them the occasional misting to help increase humidity.
- When the plant reaches heights of 80cm tall add a moss pole or bamboo cane to support it. - To curb excessive growth, avoid re-potting too often and prune regularly by pinching off new growth.
Well, now you've got all the information ta take care of your Monstera! Enjoy!